NO STRETCH MARKS

Let's face it, no one wants them but statistically over 70% of women will get them during pregnancy. I already have stretch marks from when I was younger and grew into my 'woman' body very quickly. My breasts and inner thighs got the worst of it. Despite the fact that I am obviously a great candidate for developing a plethora of new stretch marks, I am also planing on using my cosmetology knowledge and determination to make sure if I get any, they are as minimal as possible. So here I have compiled a little list of rules and products I live by during these growing months.




1. Water. Drinking water is not only vital for you and your baby's health and to flush out toxins, but it does wonders for your skin. Keeping your skin hydrated from the inside is the best way to keep it from cracking and stretching, since stretch marks develop deep within the tissues of the skin before they show up on the surface.

2. Keep your weight gain moderate. I know its hard, I myself just finished eating a piece of banana bread as I began typing this. But if you want your skin to have any sort of time to remotely get used to all the stretching it has to endure, try to be kind to it without stretching it out any more than it has to.

3. Bio Oil. I slather it on nice and thick morning and night. I am not perfect with it, but try to be as well regimented as possible. I did my research and found that this has worked for many people, and it is the most recommended to me by family and friends who have just recently had babies. I lay it on a little thick so it usually takes a while to soak in, and my favourite time to apply it is after a shower in the morning and right before bed time. Available at most drug stores, I got the smaller size which was about $12.

4. Palmer's Belly Butter. This smells a-mazing. It comes in a jar, and is roughly around $4. Sold at drugstores. Since this is a butter it is a lot better to use a little bit and add more if you need it. With the right amount it absorbs into your skin perfectly without leaving any sort of sticky or slick residue behind. I try to use this mid day every day between my Bio Oil applications. It is a bit solid in the jar so I like to take a chunk out and leave it on my belly while the heat of my body melts it down.

With those two guidelines an two products in mind every day, I am really hoping I can escape the dreaded stretch marks no one wants. Since I am prone to getting them I feel like this would be a great test to see if these products really do make a difference in reducing the likelihood of getting said stretch marks. Wish me luck, and I'll be sure to update soon with more!

Ps. Currently at 24 weeks!

No comments: