VIENNA IRIS





In the early hours of December 12th 2015, my baby girl Vienna Iris Fernandez was pushed out into this world and into my arms. Falling in love was something I always read about in romance novels, or watched on film, but nothing could prepare me for the instantaneous and tremendous amount of love I drowned in upon just seeing and hearing my little baby. From the second I saw her tiny, full head of hair pop up from below me, I was mesmerized and forever enamoured with this tiny human I had waited so long and patiently to meet. Parenthood was hard even from before her birth; my pregnancy lasting longer than full term and with a few bumps along the way - but hearing her sweet first cry and experiencing the perfectly innocent first few seconds of existence made everything more than worth it. Words, pictures, and songs could never describe that love I felt holding my baby the very first time. Even until today, five weeks later, I still look at her and could cry. Her daddy says he loves her so much that it makes his tummy hurt. There is no greater gift I could have received in life than this precious little pumpkin, made entirely of myself and the man whom I call my best friend and partner in life. 









No comments: